This spiral-bound, 5" x 7.5" book is a re-formatted printing of the book, Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research, developed by the US Department of Heath and Human Services, Office of Research Integrity. The textual content of this book is identical to the official ORI book; it differs from the official version only in layout, design, and graphics.
According to ORI, the book "introduces the reader to the nine RCR core instructional areas in four sections that follows research from inception to planning, conducting, reporting, and reviewing research. The publication features case studies, text-box inserts, discussion questions, and electronic and printed resources."
Who Uses this Book?
• Anyone involved in the conduct of biomedical and behavioral research supported by the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS).
What's the Price?
• 1-249 copies: $15.95 • 250-499 copies: $14.95
• 500-749 copies: $13.95 • 750+ copies: $12.95
Custom Cover Prices*?
• 1-24 copies: unavailable • 25-100 copies: $2.00/book
• 100-249 copies: $1.00/book • 250+ copies: No charge
* Based on quantities of a single book title
Message from the Secretary of Health and Human Services
Part I: Shared Values
Chapter 1. Rules of the Road
Chapter 2. Research Misconduct
Part II: Planning Research
Chapter 3. The Protection of Human Subjects
Chapter 4. The Welfare of Laboratory Animals
Chapter 5. Conflicts of Interest
Part III: Conducting Research
Chapter 6. Data Management Practices
Chapter 7. Mentor and Trainee Responsibilities
Chapter 8. Collaborative Research
Part IV: Reporting and Reviewing Research
Chapter 9. Authorship and Publication
Chapter 10. Peer Review
Part V: Safe Driving and Responsible Research
Click here to see an enlarged pdf cover