This spiral-bound, 220-page, 8-1/2" x 11" book is the full text of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans.
The TCPS - or "the Policy," - is a joint policy of Canada’s three federal research agencies: the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), or “the Agencies.” The Policy expresses the Agencies’ continuing commitment to the people of Canada to promote the ethical conduct of research involving humans.
The Policy was informed, in part, by leading international ethics norms, all of which may help, in some measure, to guide Canadian researchers, in Canada and abroad, in the conduct of research involving humans.
This edition represents the first substantive change to the Policy since its adoption in 1998. It is a major revision, reflecting over a decade of experience in the application of the Policy by the research community to existing and emerging ethical issues and new areas of research.
Who Uses this Book?
• Clinical Research staff, as job aids
• Training departments, as training handouts
• Human Resources, as part of new-employee orientation
• Legal/Regulatory/QA staff, for company-wide distribution
• Non-Canadian-company staff conducting research in Canada
What's the Price?
• 1-249 copies: $18.95 • 250-499 copies: $17.95
• 500-749 copies: $16.95 • 750+ copies: $15.95
Custom Cover Prices*?
• 1-24 copies: unavailable • 25-100 copies: $2.00/book
• 100-249 copies: $1.00/book • 250+ copies: No charge
* Based on quantities of a single book title
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Ethics Framework
- Scope And Approach
- The Consent Process
- Fairness and Equity in Research Participation
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Governance of Research Ethics Review
- Conflicts of Interest
- Multi-Jurisdictional Research
- Research Involving the First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples of Canada
- Qualitative Research
- Clinical Trials
- Human Biological Materials Including Materials Related to Human Reproduction
- Human Genetic Research
Click here to see an enlarged pdf cover